General Category > General Discussion

did Jesus descend into hades

(1/2) > >>

JonHenry:
did Jesus descend into Hades between the time of his crucifixion and resurrection, to preach the gospel to all those who had lived and died before he came to earth as a man?

fifi0195:
I dont think he did ever since I was little I was told he ascended into heaven ... if you look at the Lords prayer it says "he ascended into heaven and was seated at the right hand of the father"
this leads me to believe that he did not descend into Hell.
Thats just my opinion though

Carolyn:
Yes. Hades and Hell are two different places. Hades is the place people go to await final judgment and yes Jesus went there and preached to them before ascending into Heaven. Ephesians 4:8-10

NOELXMAS:
HE DESCENDED INTO HELL AND ON THE THIRD DAY GE ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN. THIS IS TO PROVE HIS OMINIPOTENCY AND TO CONFIRM THAT HE IS THE RESURRECTION AND LIFE WHO CAN GUARANTEE US LIFE EVERLASTING

Dr. Jason:
DO SOME RESEARCH TO verify....the hebrew term sheol...and the greek term hades simply translates to grave. Jesus stated the dead are aware of nothing at all. Lazarus he described as being in a deep sleep. Hellfire is a babylonian...and later a Roman mythos...the Christian church founded innRome adopted this myth into their church to popularize christianity with the Roman population. Hades as a literal place...or realm is not biblical. There is no literal hell. Heaven is a literal biblical teaching...hades as a literal realm is paegan in origin. So no ...Jesus was dead ...asleep in death for 3 days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version