Author Topic: Romans 10:9-10 A prayer salvation biblical???  (Read 367 times)

truthenthusiast

Romans 10:9-10 A prayer salvation biblical???
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
If a sinner allow Christ into there heart through a prayer are they now saved? Is that type of prayer salvation biblical

Isaiah 59:2 your sins have separated you from your God...so he won't listen to you
John 9:31 We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to godly people..

Romans 10:9-10 Believe in your heart that God raised him (Christ) from dead. Then you will be saved.
--add more of the context...Romans 10:14 How can they believe in him unless they hear heard about him? How can they hear about him unless someone preaches to them? And how can anyone preach without being sent?
--Peter an apostle was sent by Christ himself to preached about how you could get saved and that equation included baptism Acts 2:38-41 & 1 Peter 3:21. Christ himself after he rose gave a command to all the apostles to preach the good news and to then baptized those who believed
Matthew 28:16-20 & Mark 16:9-20. Paul the apostle also mention baptism several times through out scripture on how it relates to being saved. Romans 10:10 will agree with all my scriptures I use as references.
--romans 10:10 with your heart (thoughts, feelings, ideas, and perceptions) you believe and is made right with God. Romans 1:17 The good news shows how God makes people right with himself. Ephesians 1:13 It was the good news about how you could be saved...But how with your heart can you believe and be made right with God??? Romans 1:17 becoming right with God depends on a person's faith. Romans 10:17 faith comes from hearing the word of Christ. Matthew 7:24 everyone who hears my words and puts them into practice is a wise man.
James 2:24 So you see that a person is made right with God by what he does. It doesn't happen only because of what he believes.
James 2:22 what he believed and what he did were working together. What he did made his faith complete...
--So how with your heart are you made right with God???
Acts 2:38-41 Peter (an apostle) replied, “All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children. It is for all whom the Lord our God will choose. Peter said many other things to warn them. He begged them, “Save yourselves from these evil people.” Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day.

What Jesus said
Mark 16:14-16 Later, Jesus appeared to the eleven as they were eating. He spoke firmly to them because they had no faith. They would not believe those who had seen him after he rose from the dead. He said to them, “Go into all the world preach the good news to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved.  But anyone who does not believe will be punished.-the Apostles instructions was to preach the good news to everyone. Anyone who believed and was baptized would be saved (Acts 2:38-41).
Matthew 28:19 So you (v16..11 disciples) must go and make disciples of all nations. Baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit...Then Christ told the apostles when the people have become disciples to...v20 Teach them to obey everything I have commanded you.
Acts 2:38-41 Peter (an apostle) replied, “All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children. It is for all whom the Lord our God will choose. Peter said many other things to warn them. He begged them, “Save yourselves from these evil people.” Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day.

The Examples of the Baptism ---> Acts 2:38-41 that the Apostles taught
Acts 8:36-39 As they (The official and Philip) traveled along the road, they came to some water. The official said, “Look! Here is water! Why shouldn’t  I be baptized?” He gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the official went down into the water. Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away. The official did not see him again. He was full of joy.
Acts 16:29-34 The jailer called out for some lights. He rushed in , shaking with fear. He fell down in front of Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out. He asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus. Then you and your family will be saved.” They spoke the word of the Lord to him. They also spoke to all the others in his house. At the hour of the night, the jailer took Paul and Silas and washed their wounds. Right away he and his whole family were baptized. The Jailer brought them into his house. He set a meal in front of them. He and his family were filled with joy. They had become believers in God.
Acts 16:14-15 The Lord opened her heart to accept Paul’s message. She and her family were baptized.
Acts 22:16 So what are you waiting for? Get up and call on his name. Be baptized. Have your sins washed away.

The Apostles explain what this baptism means and does Spiritually 
Romans 6:3-5 All of us were baptized into Christ Jesus. Don’t you know that we were baptized into his death. By being baptized we were buried with Christ into his death. Christ has been raised from the dead by the father’s glory. And like Christ we also can live a new life. By being baptized, we have been joined with him in his death. We will certainly also be joined with him in his resurrection.
1 Corinthians 12:13 We were all baptized by one Holy Spirit into one body. It didn’t matter whether we were Jews or Greeks, slaves or free people. We were all given the same Spirit to drink.
Galatians 3:26-29 You are all children of God by believing in Christ Jesus. All of you who were baptized into Christ have put on Christ as if he were your clothes. There is no Jew or Greek. There is no slave or free person. There is no male or female. Because you belong to Christ Jesus, you are all one. You who belong to Christ are Abraham’s seed. You will receive what God has promised.
Colossians 2:12 When you were baptized, you were buried together with him. You were raised to life together with him by believing in God’s power. God raised Jesus from the dead.
1 Peter 3:21 The water of the flood is a picture of the baptism that now saves you also. The baptism I’m talking about has nothing to do with removing dirt from your body. Instead, it (baptism) promises God that you will keep a clear sense of what is right and wrong.

Those where my thoughts about Romans 10:9-10
John 7:18 Someone who speaks on his own does it to get honor for himself.
John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do what God wants him to do will find out whether my teaching comes from God or from me.

Psalm 141:5 If that person (who does right) were to correct me, it would be like pouring olive oil on my head. I wouldn't say no to it.
--Would love to know if others have an different opinion. Im always willing to listen