Author Topic: Troubling question  (Read 339 times)

KayMay

Troubling question
« on: November 06, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
Can someone please explain genesis 19 verse 30. The verse about Lot and his daughters. Its not something I can be totally okay with because its against human nature.

maryitsmyseasoncole

Re: Troubling question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:18:12 PM »
It's deception among his daughters he was old in age and they got him drunk and  seduced him. And conceived sons by him,from my understanding. They are saying there is no man on earth greater than their father and they had to keep his legacy alive. Ion it is kinda disturbing, don't quote me on it. But I totally agree with you have but only God can judge..

ngemebaten.godlove

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:56:42 AM »
I equally agree with you kaymay. And like Mary said,God alone is the judge. My lesson learned from this passage is that,as a child of God,don't be given to too much wine. Lot was pretty old.Though that way,I'm convinced that if not for the wine given him by the daughters,he wouldn't have fallen into that trap. So it's rather a child of God seeks more of the Holy Spirit than wine. Stay blessed brothers and sisters.

veejay

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
that bible story is not for us to live by. it is an account of what happened. lot and his family lived the life of others in Sodom and Gomorrah. his daughters held onto those practices they were exposed to. in ignorance they thought because there were no men around they had to go into their father. they knew they were wrong and lot wouldn't agree so they got him drunk and deceived him and also I'm sure hurt him when he cane to the knowledge of what had been done in his drunken stupor. his daughters committed a sin. they knew they were wrong and they caused their dad to sin. that's my take on it.

ngemebaten.godlove

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 02:45:59 PM »
Oh yeah yea Veejay,you got it. Thank you.