Author Topic: Is listening to pop rock/alternative songs a sin? I'm hoping for the answers..  (Read 1786 times)

Mint18

Looking forward for this..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:28:08 AM by Mint18 »

gabsterz19

I don't feel that listening to different types of music is a sin. I think God knows how you feel about him in your heart and that your taste in music doesn't matter to him. I love all types of music. Including rock. So your not alone. And I'ma christaian so I don't be afraid to listen to what what music makes you happy. 

ray

Belonging to Jesus is not a prison. Although we should be careful of all the input into our lives, you can know the spirit of music and just avoid the bad...no matter what genre.

shazaiah acraman (sasha)

No it isn't sin but what you make out of it. Music really does plays with your emotions.depends on the lyrics/wordings. If its uplifting than you'll be feeling uplifted. If its depressing then you'll feel that way. If it has valgur wording or horney lyrics than you'll behave in that way. So if you listen to gospel songs behave in that way, you'll be encouraged to encourage others.

GloriousGlory

Hy there, concerning this topic, many ppl dont consider this a sin but remember that it is what goes in through our eyes and ears that defile a man. It would be sensible if we build our spiritual life by reading to christain songs…that way, twould b difficult 4 d devil to pull us down, to stand firm, read christain books, d bible and be wary of just any kind of songs.

GloriousGlory

About watchin movie, ive discovered somethings coz i use 2 b an addict until God changd me.
One thing i discovad z day wen u watch a movie, itz d mst sensual scene that u remember first wen ure done wit d movie nd 1 u remember most. Its a tool of d devil 2 render a christain prayerless nd powerless. Even those so-called christain movies can send u 2 hell if ure not careful. I think the best thing is to avoid most of dem.

Iscariot

We as human beings create what we perceive as good and bad, not god or jesus or the devil. We as human beings have the power to change this perception and live by a moral compass. The bible and all spiritual literatures can be used as a guide in our daily lives. Eg. sharia law Quran islam law

Lisa

Pray! The Holy Spirit will give you discernment to what is right holy and honorable. If it does not please God your spirit will tell you. But you must be in tune with your spirit, never ceasing in prayer, fully clothed in the armor of God loving Him with all your heart and soul. If all these are in line Trust me your spirit will tell you. God bless!

randy.randolph.3597

I am a preacher and am a preacher'son. I was in the world very deeply and I listened to all kinds of music. And now that I have truly turned my life over to God I can't listen to nothing but music that gives God glory. Because at the end of everything that is our goal. To make sure that God gets the glory in all that is our life. Jesus said "It's not what goeth in the man that defines him. But what cometh out. ........ for from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh." And that is the bottom line. I pray that the Spirit will reveal to you God's answer for your life.  May God bless and keep you is my pray for you.

GloriousGlory

The Bible is NOT a motivational book. It is a commandment  from God and has resisted all forms of criticism.

GloriousGlory

Human beings did write the Bible. But inspiration came from God. We cannot create God or Jesus or the devil. Just because we believe in God doesnt make God more God than He already is or more supreme than He is already. And the fact u dont belive in Him doesnt means He doesnt exist. We are conscious of Him...every one of us, even if we dont accept. An atheist, when something surprising happens, says "Oh my God!", thats not a conscious statement but it denotes that nobody can surpass the truth. It exists even in our conscience nd heart...only human beings try to be independent and thereby, telling themselves lies.

ksnmano

Hi friends

chelle

"O be careful little ears what you hear ... for the Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little ears what you hear."

"Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial."

mreheard

although the Bible says all things are permissible,it does saythat not  all things are profitable.... the question you should ask yourself before listening/watching anything should be, does this further my walk and relationship with God?  Does it encourage relationship or cause seperation....  as someone said earlier....garbage in, garbage out!

Kevin Mason

I believe that music can be a gateway to commiting sinful behavior but it's dependent upon the songs lyrics and how those lyrics make you feel. Anything that removes the word of God is in itself a sin. When you're dancing and singing the songs are you glorifying God.