Author Topic: Attending church  (Read 313 times)

Yee

Attending church
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:05:26 AM »
If i ask you why do you want  to go to church , what would your answer be? I found that I do not want to go to church sometimes, did you ever force yoursekf to church before? Can anyone share their experiences with me ?

sapphire

Re: Attending church
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:43:16 PM »
i have had experiences like that before but i tell you, that is the devil working trying to discourage you from going to church. last saturday, i woke up feeling tired and my feet were hurting. It were as if someone said to me, dont go to church today, stay home and rest your feet. But I said to myself, I am going to church today, I will not stay at home. I literally pulled myself up out of the bed, got ready and went to church. I was overwhelmed, blessed and happy that i went. The pastor preached a wonderful, spirit filled message. The pastor sermon was based on these questions; IF GOD SHOULD COME NOW: Would He find you as you ought to be, saved? Or would He find you unsaved? Are you concerned about your Master house(the temple of God-your body) in which He dwells? Now, if I had stayed home I would have missed out on such a message and I wouldn't be able to share this with you at this moment.
Proverbs 27:17 says, iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friends.
One of the best places to be when you are feeling low or down is to be with the family of God.
So if ever a time you should feel discourage, rebuke that feeling in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord...Amen.

sapphire

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »
25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching.( Hebrews 10:25, amplified version)

boladewara

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:03:50 PM »
Sapphire, God bless you for that wonderful response to a most pertinent question.
So many times, discouragement comes when it has to do with Jesus.
It is the plan of the devil to keep you out of the fellowship of the people of God. We need to speak against it immediately such thoughts come.
So many times I've been discouraged but I encourage myself in the Lord.
If we allow our sights or how we feel to dictate to us, No one will be on church.
I will encourage you to keep friendship with  God loving people. By this we sharpen ourselves just as Sapphire said.
God bless you all.

Bola Adewara
www.dailytestimonies.com
Follow me @Livingprojects1