Author Topic: Marriage  (Read 658 times)

Kathie

Marriage
« on: June 11, 2015, 02:22:53 AM »
    Im in an abusive relationship. Im divorcing my husband. He is being extremely mean & nasty because he isn't getting his way. He doesn't care about me, his wife at all.
    I know God doesn't like divorce but i don't believe He wishes us to remain in an abusive relationship either.
    I know the bible says to respect & obey your husband's but this is husband's that are doing God's Word.
    Am i wrong for divorcing him? He's proved over & over that he only cares for himself & not me.

davidbenj

Re: Marriage
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:09:24 PM »
is he hurting you?i think you have to talk to your partner,and ask him if he really loves you.

proverbs31woman

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:36:14 AM »
Abuse of any kind is never acceptable.  Sometimes seperation can allow the christian spouse time to pray and fast for the marriage and to seek God guidance in decision making. Bible said the marriage he puts together let it not be put asunder. But question is  was it lust or any  thing but God that brought a marriage together...

Olibrice.Maria

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »
It's a delicate subject. How long have you been married and what have you tried as solutions? Your reactions to your husband's abusive action and his post reactions may help me advise you better, if you don't mind.

Mulungi

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 02:58:48 AM »
Pliz don't allow him to disrespect u ..thats not good at all as for you ..you treat him well so he has to do that to you too..or else walk out from him God will get you a better one...

peteman

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 05:37:09 PM »
Be careful of the advice that people give you, some of it may seem but if it's not biblical it's not  the right decision. Make sure that advice you get comes strictly from God's word. If you need advice I'm always on here my name is Pastor Keith.

handmadeofgod

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 03:39:41 AM »
Hi Katie.. Sorry to hear your stories, but you know sometimes distance can help both parties how much love they have for each other.. Try to give yourself and your partner some space, time to think things over & talk to God for his provisions.. U can also ask guidance from your pastor or matured Christians in your church..

papaaris6

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 08:11:24 AM »
Hello, I sympathesize you very much and pray that your husband gets some help from the Lord. My wife has been abusive to me and I have been the same way towards her. I got terminated from my job, and when I came home to tell her she flipped her mind. She was so mad that she practically threw me out of the house that night. I had to leave the house. That's how bad it was. I was totally shocked that she did not support me or back me up or say that things are going to be all right. None of those supporting things did my wife say to her husband. Almost 3 months later she still feels the same and I feel as though she has abandoned me and my mind frame is bad right now. I am still not working and a lot has to do wirh her not being supportive. K need to feel loved, not abused. I thought about divorce seriously. I dont have the courage I guess or I am stupid. She still doesnt think she did anything wrong. She said I was wrong and ruined the family. I said this is life, and she needs to support me. But she wont hear it. Why wont she hear it? Because we have nothing now? I am sorry Kate for your situation but I think enough is enough and you have the courage to move on. I don't. I will feel like I will have abandoned if I left. But how much more can I take? Someone please help me. I am needing the the mind of Christ. I need a job because I am truly at the bottom. I just signed up in here too so I believe the Lord has sent me here.

makafui

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 05:42:49 PM »
People say these words on the wedding day forgetting its not just words but living the words from that day forth.
FOR BETER FOR WORSE TILL DEATH SEPARATES US .you enjoyed the sweet moments when all  was rosy thinking its going to be same forever .well the devil hates to us happily married so would throw a few boms at your relationship to break it up or make it unbearable for both couples. So pray and fight back.dont pray once pray always as long as you love to win the love you once enjoyed. Love does not give up.when he is down don't leave him to rise alone .help him rise.dont give the devil the pleasure of  divorcing your husband or wife

Gillian

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »
I have been in almost similar situation, worse part of it is that mine was a Pastor. Cheated countless times, impregnated a lady and after 7 years of marriage he decided to divorce me. I was praying for us to get breakthrough, 3 months after he got promoted he left me. Our daughter was 2 and half years by then. I love God and believe in him...

I'm a victim of Christian marriage, God
Didn't create marriage for us to be abused, instead he said "men love your wives as Christ loves the church" by so loving us, that will definitely lead us to be obedient.

If he is cheating get out before its too late. HIV and AIDS exist.