Author Topic: What does it mean?  (Read 453 times)

Ra$h@wn

What does it mean?
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:24:00 AM »
I've heard a lot of people talking about guarding your heart and mind when it comes to resisting sin and such, but I don't think I know what that really means or how to do it...

vergillloyd.chua

Re: What does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth He meditate day and night.
Psalms 1:2

I believe we should meditate on God's words so we shall have a heart prepared for adversaries.

Ra$h@wn

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:50 PM »
If I understand you correctly... I believe you are saying pray and reflect on the law daily for better focus and understanding?..

benson2014

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:31:15 PM »
By learning the laws ll not make u sinless??? It is almost impossible for a man to 100% blameless....

rev.tim7

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
Vergilloyd advice is good. The law of the Lord is His word (John 1:1). So when we delight in His law, we are delighting in His word. The more we are in His word, the less we will be circum to the temptations of the flesh, the world, and the devil. That's what it means to guard your heart.

avg

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »
Thank you for the enlightment

Ra$h@wn

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 08:19:35 AM »
I think I understand better now. Think u all so much. Learning can be so hard with so many different translations, interpretations, and view points

OfThe144000

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 08:39:33 AM »
While the verse numbers don't come to my memory, there are verses in the Proverbs that hold the key:
As a man thinks, so he is.
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

The Bible is the inspired written word of God Almighty. It comes from His heart -the very seat of His thoughts- and shows who He is.

King David was called a man after God's own heart. David- who wrote most of the Psalms- wrote on several occasions how he would meditate (simply means active thought control, not sitting funny, humming, and fighting your thoughts) or muse, ponder, or even talk to himself (we all catch ourselves doing it, lol) about God's laws.

You can do the same. The apostle Paul wrote (I think in the book of Hebrews) that the Old Testament was written for our examples.

Will you follow the example of one of the greatest servants of God of all time?